- Hydrate – Alcohol combined with the sun is the perfect recipe for dehydration. Make sure that your summer day doesn’t turn into a day at the hospital and have some water between drinks!
- Pace Yourself – There’s nothing better than having a Bloody Mary with breakfast, but if you’re going to start drinking early you need to pace yourself. Don’t forget to know your limits and take a break to grab some food!
- Stay in the Shade – Drinking lowers your tolerance for pain, making it possible for the sun to do some real damage if you’re not paying attention. While you should always wear sunscreen outside, drinking in the shade is a perfect combination for avoiding dehydration and staying cool!
- Boats are like Cars – With so much space out on the water, it’s easy to forget that drunk driving applies to water vehicles as much as it does land ones. From drowning to crashing into other boats, there are lots of ways that people can get hurt out on the water. Make sure that you’re boating safe!
- Be Aware – Whether you’re out on the water or camping in the woods, summer time means more people than ever are outside enjoying the sun. When you’re out drinking make sure that you stay aware of your surroundings. Be mindful of those around you and don’t ruin someone else’s day with neglectful behavior.
- Designated Driver – Just like any other time of the year, don’t drink and drive. Keep in mind that lots of families are on vacation and out on road trips, making it more important than ever to not put them in danger. If you’re going to spend the day drinking, make sure to have a designated driver or call an Uber or Lyft!
Celebrate the summer and enjoy the sun, just be sure to stay safe so you can have fun for years to come!